it's just a bloodstain

I miss you.

Isn't that funny, when I don't even remember your last name. I had to go back in our messages to find it.

You hate tuna. When you were younger your mom made you lunch and you bit into a bone, and you've been scarred ever since.

You're not the biggest fan of apples either, or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

You told me your favourite colour is green. It's my favourite colour to wear. It compliments my eyes.

Today is Sunday, it's raining. I wonder if you're game is cancelled.

He reminds me of you, you two look similar and I have the biggest crush on him.

I looked up the show that used to be your favourite. You were a skater kid.

I tried watching Peaky Blinders, but I wish I could watch it with you. Hear you imitate their accent.

Somedays I wonder where you are. Florida? North Carolina? Tennessee?

Sometimes I look out the window and imagine you're here, driving past me on the highway.

I wonder, did you take a plunge and finally dye your hair?

I still think about that night in the hotel. I wish you'd held me instead of him.

It's almost your birthday. I saved it in my phone when we first met.

I hope you're happy. Will your name even appear on my phone again?

Is that so bad? To miss someone?

What we had wasn't love, but for those days, I was yours.




Comments