we all go through it

Often we get wound up in our own problems and circumstances that we forget there are almost 8 billion other people in the world living through their own stories. When we get caught up in our lives, it feels like it runs our world, which it does but as soon as we interact with friends/coworkers/strangers on the street and we hear their stories we are reminded that we are so miniscule.

I was talking to a woman who is both my emotional, and physical, therapist about what's been going on in my life since I last saw her. 

She's about 5 years older than I am, so I told her "how is it that this kind of thing keeps happening?! I thought being 24 this kind of petty drama had long passed my time." She responded with "ironically, the person causing the drama in my life is 34 years old. Age doesn't matter. It's about experiences. The more you experience, the more you learn. As time goes by, less people will treat you like shit, but you may find yourself intertwined with someone who lures you into their trap. You'll ask yourself how you ended up here again, you'll grieve that person you thought would never hurt you, and you move on, not allowing the people that hurt you dictate how you treat the next person who shows you love. That cycle never ends. The moments between the shitty people will vary, but there will always be shitty people out there."

People always leave, but some stay. Sadly I often forget the latter of that sentence. I am so used to people not fighting to be in my life. I've fought to keep people in my life countless times and it has failed almost every time. But as I recently herd someone say

"no matter how much you love someone or try to love someone, they have to be the ones that want to love you as much as you love them.

Tears are words the heart can't speak. 

Never give up on what give you meaning, purpose and love. No matter how many times you've been hurt, if you love something, go after it, with all you have to give. And if it doesn't work out, or you feel your love is being taken advantage of, at least you can tell yourself you tried as hard as you could to show them how much you love them. Never beg people to stay in your life, if they want to leave, let them. If they are making the choice that their lives would be better without you, let them go.

Everyone goes through it. We all go THROUGH it, as in it doesn't stop us from living or experiencing. We go through the motions and move forward, always. 

Comments